Is your child preparing for an exam? Does your child claim to hate reading, but secretly struggles to understand complex text? Did you know that most exams use the old English text because they are free to use?
The old English text is written in a different style from contemporary texts, so many children often find it challenging to understand the meanings.
- Our online reading clubs are for reluctant readers, children in years 3, 4 and 5 children who have difficulties with reading and understanding texts, and those who also love reading.
- During the live online classes, we read classical texts together and help children understand the difficult concepts and the ‘old’ English language.
Format of the Online Reading Sessions
- There will be a detailed discussion (and teaching) about the meaning of the passages from the classical text; students will work on vocabulary in the text, too. Over time, children will build a more expansive vocabulary and find reading the most complicated passages a breeze.
- Students will also get a copy of the stories from each session.
- Our Classic Reading Club is the perfect solution for parents who want their children to excel on their 11 Plus exams and develop essential reading skills for life.
- Our weekly online sessions are fun and interactive, and they help children learn new vocabulary, understand complicated texts, and develop advanced reading skills such as inference.
- Send your child to our club and they’ll be thanking you when they ace their exams!
Here’s How The Online Reading Club Works
- Every week, we hold online sessions with up to 12 children. These live sessions are fun and interactive, and they help children learn new vocabulary, understand complicated texts, and develop advanced reading skills such as inference.
- An enthusiastic English tutor will be on hand to answer any questions that your child might have, and we guarantee that they will leave our sessions feeling inspired and confident.
- We work with a small group of tutors, including our founder and managing director, Joycellyn Akuffo, so your child will have a consistent tutor throughout the month!
There’s no reason to wait – sign up for Classic Reading Club today!
Our Online Reading Clubs Bring Out The Best In Our Students!
Year 5 Online Reading Club
If you want to see your child’s reading and critical analysis of texts develop, to see their inference skills develop, and to watch their SPaG improve, they need to read the right books and have enough time to develop these skills with a consistent routine.
Year 4 Online Reading Club
A love of reading doesn’t come easily to every child. However, reading is a skill that children who are wonderful readers have developed because the environment is right for your child. That’s why year 4 students ove our reading club!
Year 3 Online Reading Club
It’s never too early to start reading classics with children, but we think that year 3 is the perfect age to help children develop a love of reading! Our small reading groups are fun, and they give children more advanced variety than the easy-peasy reads in school!